Carrot cake is one of the only treats my husband eats, and he loves this mash-up version of it!
Indrigient Carrot Cake Coffee Cake
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups shredded carrots (about 4 carrots)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Metode Carrot Cake Coffee Cake
Make the Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch round pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together in a medium bowl.
- Stir together the sugar, oil, and egg in a large bowl until the egg is thoroughly mixed in and all ingredients are combined. Stir in the milk. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined. Stir in the shredded carrots.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Make the Streusel
- Stir together the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter. Add the walnuts, if using.
- Sprinkle the streusel on top of the batter in the pan. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted 2 inches from the edge of the pan comes out clean. Cool completely in the pan before frosting.
Make the Icing
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese together with a hand mixer until smooth. Slowly mix in the powdered sugar, then beat in the vanilla.
- Frost the top of the coffee cake, or serve the frosting on the side so guests can add their own.
- Store the cake loosely covered with plastic wrap. It will keep for 2 to 3 days at room temperature.
Tip This can also be baked in a 9-inch square pan.